On the framework of the of the Erasmus+ programme the University of Cote D´Azur (UCA) and Universidad de Chile (UCH) have agreed to cooperate for the exchange of doctoral students for the period 2018-2019. The eligible areas are: Physical and Mathematical Sciences; Biomedical Sciences; Chemistry and Economical Sciences.
Both institutions are pleased to announce the 2018 call in order to fund scholarships for a period of the months for doctoral students interested in pursuing a 1) mobility period for research purposes; or, 2) research leading to a double degree in joint thesis supervision(cotutelle).
The deadlines for documentation submission are:
1) UCH applicants going to UCA: 19 April 2018
2) For deadlines concerning UCA applicants coming to UCH, please contact: Ms. Sara Sidaoui / Mr. Gildas Tchibozo ( email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org)
Each university will receive their student’s applications in compliance their own rules, procedures and timetable. However, both institutions will review the applications during the nomination process. In any case, will be the host university the institution enabled to make the final decision whether to select an applicant or not.
- Doctoral mobility for 10 months
- Allowance of EUR 850 per month for students from UCH going to UCA
- Allowance of EUR 650 per month for students from UCA going to UCH
- Travel allowance up to EUR 1,100
- The UCH Graduate Department will finance up to EUR 300 for UCH students going to UCA for health insurance purposes.
- The mobility must be completed by July 26th 2019.
* Periods might be modified if permitted by the supervisors as long the mobility is completed by July 26th 2019.
Doctoral mobility -General requirements
- The applicants must be enrolled a doctoral programme at UCH or UCA to be eligible under this programme. *
- The applicant must complete the following application format available at: ERASMUS PLUS APPLICATION FORM
- The period of exchange is mainly for research purposes; therefore, applicants must have identified an academic coordinator responsible for the activities to carry out at the host institution.
- For those wishing to pursue a double degree within the framework of a joint thesis supervision (cotutelle), the support letter of each academic tutor at UCH and UCA will be required. For further information concerning the double degree, process and additional requirements please contact email@example.com (UCH) and firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com (UCA).
- The recommended language proficiency is a B2 English.
- Applicants must be authorized by their Graduate School to be eligible to participate.
* At UCH in an accredited (or in due process) doctoral programme.
Documentation to be presented
- Valid passport
- English language CV (European format)
- The last diploma awarded and grades obtained (for UCH applicants undergraduate records will be required).
- Undergraduate records
- Motivation letter* (English)
- Recommendation letter (academic or professional) supporting the applicant´s mobility. (English)
- Research project and relevant details of the research subject that the applicant is intending to pursue at the host institution. (English)
- Work Plan (English)
- Support letter of each academic tutor at UCH and UCA is required (for those applying for a double degree in cotutelle).
- Proof of English proficiency. For those applicants lacking an updated language certificate in English must proceed with an interview at the graduate Department in order to be assessed.
- Support letter issued by the applicant´s Graduate School.
- Proof of enrolment.
*In order to find the best-matching department for your possible research electives within the framework of a ten-month Erasmus+ mobility, we would like to ask you to elaborate on your mobility in a maximum of 500 words.
Your letter should contain:
As concretely as possible, what combination of research topics you would like to cover during your stay.
Why you believe you are the right candidate for the exchange in terms of academic excellence
What are your plans for the future, after you finished your E+ ICM mobility, and whether you would like to continue to engage in further research activities.
If and how that would fit in the larger cooperation between UCA and UCH, in particular, the potential for cooperation between research groups in the longer term.
No double funding will be allowed. UCH applicants who are currently (or will be) holders of similar grants (i.e Conicyt) must choose one funding scheme.
Staff Training mobility -General requirements
In addition, this programme will fund a place for TRAINING STAFF at la Direction de Stratégie et Développement according to the following conditions:
- The internship will be held in French; therefore, a French proficiency certificate will be required.
- The mobility will have a length of 10 days during April 2018.
- Grant of €140 per day
- Travel package for a return flight ticket: 1 100 €.
- Deadline for submission: March 28th
Documentation to be presented
- Valid passport
- French language CV (European format)
- Motivation letter in French
- French proficiency certificate
Please forward the documents and application to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
The subject of the email must contain the name of the applicant and the unit or department of origin at UCH.
Departamento de Postgrado y Postítulo