Proyectos de investigación
TOWARDS A GREATER UNDERSTANDING OF JAPAN AND A LASTING WORLD PEACE
We hope to invite active young research workers of outstanding character, without regard to sex, race, religion, ideology or nationality, to Japan. By deepening their understanding of Japan, and establishing links of trust and friendship, I seek to make a real contribution to permanent peace throughout the
world. I shall therefore welcome from toe bottom of my heart applications from promising young men and women who sympathize with our aims and wish to undertake research in Japan.
I. ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
Applicants of non-Japanese nationality who meet all of the following eligibility requirements are invited to submit the required application documents.
1. Applicants must hold a Ph.D. (Doctorate) degree, or be recognized by the Matsumae International Foundation as possessing equivalent academic qualifications.
2. Applicants must not be over 40 years of age at the time of application.
3. Applicants must have sufficient conversational ability in English or Japanese to prevent insurmountable difficulties during their research activities in Japan.
4. Applicants should not have been in Japan previously.
5. Applicants should have firm positions and professions in their home countries, and should return to their countries on completion of their fellowship stay by the Foundation.
6. Applicants who have previously been invited by the Foundation are not eligible for this fellowship program.
7. Applicants must be of sound health and not physically handicapped in any way which would not prevent from carrying out research in Japan.
II. FIELDS OF STUDY
Fields of study such as natural science, engineering and medicine are given first priority.
III. PERIOD & NUMBER OF FELLOWSHIPS
At the time of application, please indicate the length of your stay (between 3 to 6 months) from April 2011 to March 2021. The Foundation prefers long stays (such as six months) to shorter (such as three months). The number of fellowships given is about 20.
IV. HOST INSTITUTION IN JAPAN
Applicants are free to select host institutions (university research laboratories, national research institutions or the corresponding facilities of private industry) in which to carry out their research. However, applicants are cautioned that they are obliged to obtain acceptance from such host institutions prior to submitting their applications. The Foundation cannot give counsel or advice to an applicant concerning his/her host institution in Japan.
V. FELLOWSHIP DETAILS
The following financial support is provided to successful applicants. No support to his/her family or dependents is available. Fellowships are provided for successful applicants only, and intended for necessary living expenses and research activities in Japan.