Master in Engineering Sciences, mention in Electrical Engineering
- Grado académico
- Master in Engineering Sciences, mention in Electrical Engineering
- Área del conocimiento
- Ciencias Naturales y Matemáticas Tecnología
- Facultad o Instituto
- Facultad de Ciencias Físicas y Matemáticas
- N° de Decreto
- This program was accredited by National Committee on Accreditation for a period of 6 years, starting from April, 2010
Prof. Marcos Orchard
- Sra. Eliana Monardes (Secretaría Postgrado DIE)
- Av. Tupper 2007. Casilla 412-3, Santiago, Chile
- +562 29784207
This Master provides a complete training in advanced engineering and modern technologies, which permits graduates to contribute to the developement of their respective countries and to meet their society needs. It offers a deep training in engineering sciences for those who want to direct their studies at technological innovation activities, research and teaching at university level.
Graduates are able to take part in research and innovation groups and technological development in the industry, and also to do academic roles and teaching, and research in specialized institutions and universities. Graduates will be also able to continue the PhD program abroad in this field. The Master in Engineering Sciences, mention in Electrical Engineering consists of formal courses, tutorials and seminars, and also a thesis research which is its core.
Specialization could be carried out in the following fields: automatic, energy and power systems, signs and telecommunications, robotics and intelligent systems, and astronomical instrumentation. Some of topics that are covered in this areas include: systems control, mobile robotics, computing intelligence, artificial vision, biomedical engineering, fuzzy logic, evolutionary computing, neural networks, distributed power generation, electric machines control, converters control and design based on power electronics, renewable energies, electrical markets, planning and operation of electric power systems, image processing, signal processing, voice processing and transmission, dynamic systems, among others.
This program is expected to be completed in a period of 2 years.
Plan de estudio
Requisitos de Admisión
Students wishing to apply for Master programs offered by the Faculty of Physical and Mathematical Sciences, University of Chile must have a bachelor or a professional degree in a similar area, granted by a national or international university certifying a solid background in the specific area of the Master program. The Academic Committee of the program will review each application taking into account all the required background.
Applicants have to submit all their educational records at the moment of applying. Some of them are:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Application Form
- Transcript of records of the previous courses and their programs in case they come from other national or international universities.
- Bachelor's or professional diploma
- A letter of intention, and at least two letters of recommendation.