PhD in Sciences, mention in Geology
- Grado académico
- PhD in Sciences, mention in Geology
- Área del conocimiento
- Ciencias Naturales y Matemáticas
- Facultad o Instituto
- Facultad de Ciencias Físicas y Matemáticas
- N° de Decreto
- This program has been accredited by the Chilean National Committee on Accreditation (CNA) for a period of 7 years, starting from April, 2012.
Prof. Martín Reich
Valor Matrícula 2013: $110.900.-
- Sra. Maritza Acuña Hurtado
- +562 29784114
The aim of this program is to train research leaders in several fields of geology for future employment in academic research, government, and industry. Our PhD students carry out innovative research in both fundamental and interdisciplinary studies. Students work towards a Doctoral dissertation following a qualifying exam after their first year of residence.
Our PhD in Geology program focus on a variety of research fields with special emphasis on Andean problems that include geodynamics, tectonics, seismotectonics, geomorphology, petrology, geochemistry and isotope geochemistry, ore deposits and metallogenesis, mineralogy, energy resources and geothermics, environmental geology and hydrogeology, geological engineering, geological hazards and Earth systems modeling.
Plan de estudio
Requisitos de Admisión
Students wishing to apply for Doctoral programs offered by the Faculty of Physical and Mathematical Sciences, University of Chile must have a bachelor or master degree in a similar area, granted by a national or international university certifying a solid background in the specific area of the doctoral program. The Academic Committee of the program will review each application taking into account all the required background.
Applicants have to submit all their educational records at the moment of application. Some of them are:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Application Form
- Transcript of records of the previous courses and their programs in case they come from other national or international universities.
- Bachelor's or master's diploma
- A letter of intention, and at least two letters of recommendation.