PhD in Engineering Sciences, mention in Material Sciences
- Grado académico
- PhD in Engineering Sciences, mention in Material Sciences
- Área del conocimiento
- Ciencias Naturales y Matemáticas
- Facultad o Instituto
- Facultad de Ciencias Físicas y Matemáticas
- N° de Decreto
- This program was accredited by National Committee on Accreditation for a period of 4 years, starting from April, 2012.
Prof. Rodrigo Palma
Valor Matrícula 2013 : $110.900.-
- Prof. Rodrigo Palma
- Beauchef N° 850, Santiago,Chile
- +562 29784591
The aim of this program is to educate the highest-level graduates to develop scientific and technological research to make original contributions to knowledge and new technology in the Material Science field. This PhD program has a select number of researchers and state-of-the-art experimental equipment to materials characterization and analysis lab, such as: transmission electron microscopy, XPS and X-ray diffraction, among others. Results of this labs productive work have reached national and international recognition.
In addition, this program takes part in the "National Network of PhD in Material Sciences", which is also part of University of Santiago and Pontificia Universidad Católica. Its development has built links which permit to strengthen student’s training and their research development, due to more offered programs, labs and advanced seminars, and facilitating access to other techniques and equipment available in this network.
Graduates from this program are able to hold leadership positions, as a highly qualified expert, in Productive Sectors and Research and Development Centers, for public and private sectors, and also as high-level Academics, working in the country or abroad.
Plan de estudio
Requisitos de Admisión
Students wishing to apply for Doctoral programs offered by the Faculty of Physical and Mathematical Sciences, University of Chile must have a bachelor or master degree in a similar area, granted by a national or international university certifying a solid background in the specific area of the doctoral program. The Academic Committee of the program will review each application taking into account all the required background.
Applicants have to submit all their educational records at the moment of application. Some of them are:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Application Form
- Transcript of records of the previous courses and their programs in case they come from other national or international universities.
- Bachelor's or master's diploma
- A letter of intention, and at least two letters of recommendation.