PhD in Engineering Sciences - Mathematical Modeling
- Grado académico
- PhD in Engineering Sciences - Mathematical Modeling
- Área del conocimiento
- Ciencias Naturales y Matemáticas
- Facultad o Instituto
- Facultad de Ciencias Físicas y Matemáticas
- N° de Decreto
- DU Nº0028764 del 2021
- This programme has been successfully certified by CNA (Chilean Agency for Education Quality Accreditation) until November 2022
Prof. Marcos Kiwi
800 UF (Programa Completo)-
Valor Matrícula 2022: $157.900.-
- Sra. Silvia Mariano
- +562 29784440
The aim of the PhD in Engineering Sciences, mention in Mathematical Exemplification is to train graduates of the highest academic level, capable of original research, whose results will contribute to the knowledge of Applied Mathematics.
Graduates are also trained to become professors at the university level and to provide technical-scientific counseling in areas related to Applied Mathematics. This program lasts approximately 4 years.
This program is part of the Math Engineering Department (DIM,http://www.dim.uchile.cl), where the following fields are studied: partial differential equations, discrete mathematics, mechanics mathematics, optimization and equilibrium, probability, dynamics and information. These areas applications in important industrial sectors in Chile, such as mining, telecommunication, energy, forestry engineering, genomics, cryptography, environment and transport, are developed together with Mathematical Exemplification Center (CMM, http://www.cmm.uchile.cl).
Currently, graduates from this program are working in national research centers and abroad.
Plan de estudio
Requisitos de Admisión
Students wishing to apply for Doctoral programs offered by the Faculty of Physical and Mathematical Sciences, University of Chile must have a bachelor or master degree in a similar area, granted by a national or international university certifying a solid background in the specific area of the doctoral program. The Academic Committee of the program will review each application taking into account all the required background.
Applicants have to submit all their educational records at the moment of application. Some of them are:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Application Form
- Transcript of records of the previous courses and their programs in case they come from other national or international universities.
- Bachelor's or master's diploma
- A letter of intention, and at least two letters of recommendation.