Master in Sciences, mention in Geology
- Grado académico
- Master in Sciences, mention in Geology
- Área del conocimiento
- Ciencias Naturales y Matemáticas
- Facultad o Instituto
- Facultad de Ciencias Físicas y Matemáticas
- N° de Decreto
- This program was accredited by National Committee on Accreditation for a period of 7 years, starting from August, 2011.
Prof. Diego Morata
- Mrs. Maritza Acuña Hurtado
- Plaza Ercilla 803, Santiago, Chile
- +562 29784114
This program aims to prepare students for further graduate studies or for professional employment in Geoscience, and offers them the opportunity to study and do research in a wide range of cutting-edge and cross-disciplinary areas.
The Master in Science degree in Geology is awarded when a student has completed his/her coursework at a passing level and has demonstrated quality results on his/her research project through the successful completion of an oral defense and a written thesis.
The Department of Geology offers a comprehensive program of courses coupled with appropriate thesis projects supervised by faculty in areas closely related to mineral, energy and natural resources.
Plan de estudio
Requisitos de Admisión
Students wishing to apply for Master programs offered by the Faculty of Physical and Mathematical Sciences, University of Chile must have a bachelor or a professional degree in a similar area, granted by a national or international university certifying a solid background in the specific area of the Master program. The Academic Committee of the program will review each application taking into account all the required background.
Applicants have to submit all their educational records at the moment of applying. Some of them are:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Application Form
- Transcript of records of the previous courses and their programs in case they come from other national or international universities.
- Bachelor's or professional diploma
- A letter of intention, and at least two letters of recommendation.