Master in Public Management and Policies
- Grado académico
- Master in Public Management and Policies
- Área del conocimiento
- Ciencias Sociales
- Facultad o Instituto
- Facultad de Ciencias Físicas y Matemáticas
- N° de Decreto
- 006111/1993 - Modificación de Decreto Exento 007186/2007, Nuevo Reglamento 0023524/2013
- Por nueve años, a partir del 27 de octubre de 2018 hasta el 27 de octubre de 2027, por agencia "Qualitas". Resolución emitida con posterioridad a la publicación de la Ley 21.091.
Prof. Eduardo Contreras
- Prof. Eduardo Contreras
- +562 29784067
The Master of Public Management and Policies (MGPP in Spanish) - aims to provide advanced training to students who could address challenges faced by Latinamerican countries in terms of public management and policies issues
Countries of the region are under institutional reforms, redefinition of government’s roles and social and economic changes, in order to face new challenges imposed by economic development and democratic consolidation. Accordingly, the master’s degree program trains professionals to analyze, propose and implement appropriate actions in different topics and discussion levels and to make decisions on public policies.
Having 20 years experience, the Master is recognized internationally for its excellence and academic accuracy, its multidisciplinarity and pluralism; it is aimed at adjusting Chilean and Latin-American reality to processes of changes, keeping the essence of the Faculty of Physical Sciences and Mathematics, University of Chile.
Nowadays, this master’s program has more than 600 graduates, coming from 21 Latinamerican countries, which have studied diverse fields and have different work experiences associated to public policies. They are highly recognized for their management abilities, creativity, ethic standards and their sensibility to politic, social and economic realities in their different regions and countries.
Plan de estudio
Requisitos de Admisión
Students wishing to apply for Master programs offered by the Faculty of Physical and Mathematical Sciences, University of Chile must have a bachelor or a professional degree in a similar area, granted by a national or international university certifying a solid background in the specific area of the Master program. The Academic Committee of the program will review each application taking into account all the required background.
Applicants have to submit all their educational records at the moment of applying. Some of them are:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Application Form
- Transcript of records of the previous courses and their programs in case they come from other national or international universities.
- Bachelor's or professional diploma
- A letter of intention, and at least two letters of recommendation.