Master in Engineering Sciences, mention in Resources and the Water Environment
- Grado académico
- Master in Engineering Sciences, mention in Resources and the Water Environment
- Área del conocimiento
- Facultad o Instituto
- Facultad de Ciencias Físicas y Matemáticas
- N° de Decreto
- This program was accredited by National Committee on Accreditation for a period of 4 years, starting from August, 2011.
Prof. Yarko Niño
- Prof. Yarko Niño
- Blanco Encalada 2002, piso 3, Santiago-Chile
- +562 29784400
This program, Master in Engineering Sciences, mention in Resources and the Water Environment, belonging to Water Resources Division and Environment from Civil Engineering Department, aims to train experts in areas such as analysis and management of water resources systems, hydrology, fundamental and river hydraulics, transport processes on surface and underground waters, and water environmental system analysis.
Graduates from this Master are experts able to work in different positions: regulatory authorities, executing and auditing environmental policies, in public and private entities connected to water usage and environmental evaluation systems; central, local and regional government in studies related to water resources or private consultancy firm; and also in different academic activities in institutions and research centers.
Plan de estudio
Requisitos de Admisión
Students wishing to apply for Master programs offered by the Faculty of Physical and Mathematical Sciences, University of Chile must have a bachelor or a professional degree in a similar area, granted by a national or international university certifying a solid background in the specific area of the Master program. The Academic Committee of the program will review each application taking into account all the required background.
Applicants have to submit all their educational records at the moment of applying. Some of them are:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Application Form
- Transcript of records of the previous courses and their programs in case they come from other national or international universities.
- Bachelor's or professional diploma
- A letter of intention, and at least two letters of recommendation.